Thursday, May 18, 2006

Mayor Candidates Rool OK

The race to become Mayor of New Orleans is on. Big job, right?

Well I found this remarkable interview with the two candidates, Mitch Landrieu and Ray Nagin where I discovered the following pearls of wisdom;

Q: What song sums up the last eight months for you?

Landrieu: "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee." It's a Christian song that keeps coming back to mind when I think about hope and the future. I sing it all day long.

Nagin: Aretha Franklin -- "R-E-S-P-E-C-T."

Q: If you have to evacuate your home and can only take one item with you, what is that prized possession?

Landrieu: My kids.

Nagin: One item? Probably my iPod.

Q: My wife thinks bald guys are sexy. Does that give the edge to you or your opponent?

Landrieu: It depends on whether she likes tall guys or short guys.

Nagin: It depends on whether she likes Chia Pets or not.

Last question: There's another flood. You are in a rescue boat. You arrive at a rooftop to find Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie. There's only room for one in the boat. Who do you take?

Landrieu: They both get left.

Nagin: I give them the boat and get on the roof and wait for the helicopter.

I was all for Nagin until the last question. People who know what Chia Pets are should not sacrifice themselves for vacuous STD hosts. I like Landrieu's tough love approach to that last issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home